Saturday, December 15, 2007

Caramels

I woke up early today because mom invited some of her friends over to help wrap the camamels she made last night. I made cookies, they were good I guess.

Last night when mom was making the caramels I wanted to lick the spoon. She said that I should wait to eat the caramel after it cooled down because candy doesnt cool down for a while because candy crystalizes. So I touched one part of it and it was cooled off. So I went to go touch a big glob of caramel and I burnt myself real bad. So bad that not even puting ice or taking pain reliever or neosporin on it help. This morning I woke up and had a BIG BIG BIG blister on it. I have no feeling on the top of my index finger.

So while my mother was cutting the caramels Judy, Stacy, and I wrapped them. Did you know one batch of caramels is 5 pounds. Mom made 15 pounds worth of caramels.

After that we all made candel holders out of baby food jars. It was pretty fun. We listened to Kid rock while making them. I personally would have liked to listen to christmas music but my mom has nothing of the sort.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Sounds like your mother needs some Christmas Carols for christmas!

Sounds like a very fun day Feather...sorry about your burn, bet you won't do that again!