Sunday, November 1, 2009

It's Right There

I finally have a job interview at Gymboree Outlet in the Tanger Outlets. I would not let this one slip through my fingers this time. I wish I had started counting how many applications I have filled out since January because I would guess 1,000 by the time I applied at Gymboree.
This time I went IN to apply. Then I filled out the application IN the store. Then I asked questions like "Should I call or wait for a call?" and "How many days should I wait to call and who shall I ask for?" Then I waited two days and called. Erin practically gave me an interview on the phone. She said that she hadn't looked at my application yet but she would and she would call me back. She didn't call on Tuesday so I called back. She wasn't there. So I called Wednesday and she still wasn't there. So I called thrusday. I Made her write my name and phone number down so she wouldn't forget me. Saturday she called back and now I have an interview. People say the most persistant ones get the interviews/jobs. I wish I listened and didn't have to learn the hard way.

For me, this was like reaching for the moon. Every time I filled out and application it was another 100 feet higher. And everytime I called back it was another two hundred feet higher. But for every two hundred feet I fell back a hundred because I would not get that interview. Finally now I have got an interview and it feels like the moon is only an arm length away and if I could just get that job it will be in my hands. Eventually though I will lose grip because it is only a seasonal position. Im trying my hardest not to focus on that part.
I still plan on trying to get the job at J-Jill. J-Jill is a seasonal position as well but working two jobs is something I really feel I need to do because I am starting Empire in January. Im almost positive I can handle working two jobs because I barely get homework. I get home work in ONE class maybe two but thats rare. I can't work until 4:30 or 5 so that gives me about 2 hours to do the homework before I have to go to work. Im going to see how many hours I get working at Gymboree and if it's not enough I will still try to get the job at J-Jill.

Am I rushing myself. I mean...I still have to pass the interview. haha

Anyway. ONLY 3 WEEKS 3 DAYS TIL MY 18TH BIRTHDAY!

No comments: