Monday, November 30, 2009

18

Turning 18 wasn't such a big deal after all. I'm glad actually.

I definitely got my dose of freedom on Wednesday and learned the hard way that getting the freedom you want doesn't mean its always going to be fun.

Beckie and I went and got facial piercings. I know every one of you think that's gross. ( Well those of you over 30 )I got my Monroe pierced, which is an off center piercing on the upper lip.( Beckie got her nose done ) I thought it was going to be the coolest thing ever and it is. Except for the swelling. I wont even begin to tell you about it because its disturbing. Lets just say it swelled up so bad for a couple of days I thought I was going to have to take it out. But today the swelling went down about 50%-60%. Its just a little red. So that's my example of how freedom isn't always fun. I had to deal with the consequences of getting this done.

What really made me feel like an adult is when I asked mom if i could go some where, she said....and I quote " Heather you're 18 and you don't necessarily have to ask me if you can go places. You just have to let me know where you are." That was cool especially since earlier that day she said I had to live with her forever because I'm still too young to be out on my own. haha. I thought she was gonna cry.

I'm really hoping my 18th year will be amazing because of graduating and going to empire =)

Thanks for all the birthday money =) I was able to get some nice shirts and shoes for empire =)

2 comments:

JoAnn said...

what the hell made you think i was going to cry?? ya weirdo

Heather said...

I saw your face. It was ready to cry