Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Let's Catch Up for a Minute.

My vacation ends this Sunday and when I go back to school I will have only 10 high school days left. Every year for the past 3 years I listened to upper classmen talk about how fast high school went by. I sort of just shrugged it off and thought 'I can't get out any faster.' But really it went by so fast and it makes me think about how I have changed and what kind of person I am becoming. Even though I have 3 weeks left until I get my diploma and start empire, the fact about graduating early and starting a young adult life hasn't hit me yet. For so long it was an idea then it became a fact and soon it will become my reality. And I wont lie to you and say I'm not nervous or scared because I am.
Over the past month I have been thinking about what kind of person I am now and what kind of person I want to be. I think about how much I have grown and how much respect I have for myself now then when I was 14. When I realized that, my grades began to sky rocket and for the first time in my whole life I am getting straight A's and I got high honors. I'm almost sorry for not realizing that sooner then my junior year. I've learned not to settle for anything lower than what I am capable of. I'm not going to settle for just a high school diploma. I am reaching my goal and getting something of a higher degree. No, its not a bachelors degree but its a cosmetologist license and that's something I've always wanted to do since I can remember.
As for the person I want to be, I want to be the best person I can be. I want to reach my life goals with my head high. I know sometimes the hurdles get really hard to jump but I'm willing to take 'em on and beat 'em up. I want to learn how to make mistakes and learn from them instead of letting them push me down. I want to not let my fears get in the way of how I'd like to live my life. I want to not only make myself proud but I want to make you proud.

3 comments:

Robin said...

I love you Heather!!!!

Heather said...

Love you too Robin!!!

Beckie Baby said...

I'm so proud of you! :]