Monday, August 31, 2009

A new beginning for me.

In ways other then becoming a senior tomorrow and turning 18 this year. So you can take a sigh of relief and thank god I'm not ranting about that stuff again.

Some of you may or may not know about the issues I've been having concerning my health. Actually I'm almost sure none of you do except for mom. Why because it's something I have never had an answer too and didn't know why my body was doing the things is was or wasn't doing.

For three, yes count em THREE, YEARS now I have been having a problem that my previous doctor didn't think was much of a problem. Well I got sick of her telling me there was nothing wrong with me when clearly what is going on is not normal. Beckie got sick of me complaining about it, I'm sure, and recommended me to Dr. Hare.

Today was my first appointment. I told her what was going on and she said "You're right. This is not right and I do not know why you previous doctor ignored it." So she got started with tests right away. I had to get my blood drawn, but apparently my veins are tiny and I didn't have anything to drink today so I have to go back in on Friday morning. She's doing a blood test for insulin, glucose, PCOS, TSH and any other things they can detect in a blood test. After I get my blood tested and get results back, depending on the results I may get an MRI to take a look at a gland in my brain and an ultrasound done to try and rule out PCOS.

I cried because for three long years I have been dealing with pain and confusion and now it will get solved. Maybe I'll go on that show 'Mystery Diagnosis" on TLC. haha just kidding. I know I probably wont like the out come of whatever this may be but once it gets figured out I can do what I need to do to fix it.

I know this is confusing but trust me, Im still confused too. But once I get my true diagnoses I will tell you and it will be easier to understand.

No comments: