Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Yesterday =)

I had my first day in the clinic yesterday. That's the technical name for the salon part of the school. If I was talking about a real clinic then obviously yesterday wouldn't have been my first time =P. Anyway, I felt so comfortable, confident, excited, happy, and I felt like that was my true self. Like working in the salon is who I really am. For me it didn't feel like I was working, I felt like I was just doing what I love to do. I think I was singing out loud at one point and mom said "shh you're at work" and I said "I'm not working" I don't think she got what I meant but maybe after reading this she'll get it. I didn't take one break, I didn't sit down for two seconds, and I don't think I stopped smiling. I would only get more happy when I saw my result and it was close to looking like I have been doing this for years. I said to mom that I belong in phase two already because I do so well. Maybe that's cocky or whatever but I am good. I won't let someone tell me I'm not.
Some other people would complain about having to disinfect they're tools, or sweep up, or anything that had to do with disinfecting or picking up. Me, I did that stuff happily. I think a small part of the success is taking care of you're tools and what not.
Yesterday was over all a really good day. Until my last client ( mom ) left. Around 2:30 when all my excitement was over I think I paid attention to how I was feeling physically and not focusing so much on the hours I spent with clients. I started feeling really sick to my stomach and I thought it was because I didn't take a break to eat anything. So I went home and made myself a sandwich and forced myself to eat half of it because I really thought I was just extremely hungry. After minute or two of allowing myself to see how I felt after the sandwich I decided it wasn't gonna stay down. And sure enough it didn't. So from 5-11pm I was getting sick and I haven't felt so bad in all my life I think. I didn't want to get dehydrated so I would have little sips of water here and there but I couldn't keep even water down. I surprisingly slept through the night and this morning I only have a little tummy ache. I've been drinking water but I'm scared to eat =(

No comments: